Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations, and helps build goodwill and peace in the world. Approximately 1.2 million Rotarians belong to more than 31,000 Rotary clubs located in 166 countries.
Rotary club membership represents a cross-section of the community’s business and professional men and women. The world’s Rotary clubs meet weekly and are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds.
The East Los Angeles Rotary Club was founded in 1926 and serves the East Los Angeles Community in a variety of ways. We are proud to count the following among our many projects:
- Youth Leadership Training
- Youth Clubs at 3 local schools
- Academic Scholarships
- Thanksgiving Baskets for needy families
- Health Outreach with American Diabetes Association
- Gabriel House, Ensenada
- Clean Water Projects in Nigeria & Nepal
- Social Activities
- Club meetings for fellowship and featuring speakers on a variety of topics
- Fundraising Events to support projects